Antibiotics are one of the most widely prescribed types of medicines in Vietnam today, but market dynamics for these critical medicines are not widely understood. For healthcare organizations seeking insight on the current state of Vietnam’s antibiotics market, mClinica is pleased to present its first SnapShot report on the OOP market in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam’s most important healthcare hub.
Using mClinica’s proprietary prescription datasets, the report shines light on a dynamic and fast-changing market by offering data and analysis in the following areas:
- Top 10 most prescribed antibiotics overall
- Prescription share by molecule category (cephalosporins, penicillins, macrolides, quinolones, and others)
- Top 5 most prescribed products for each molecule category
- Prescription share by manufacturer type (brands, branded generics, generics)
- Top 5 most common indications
- Top 5 hospitals by prescription share (with hospital-level analysis covering prescription share by molecule category, total # of prescribers, average age and gender of patients, and most common indications)
Our SnapShot reports can be further customized for clients with an interest in even more granular analysis of prescribing patterns, patient demographics, and market dynamics. For most major antibiotics medicines, including market leaders like GSK’s Augmentin and Abbott’s Klacid, we can provide detail on factors including:
- Prescription share by therapeutic area and/or indication
- Prescribing patterns (including quantity and dosage, patient gender and age)
- Rates of prescribing errors (such as sub-therapeutic dosing)
Our reports provide data and insights that no one else has. Contact us today for more information.